Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Home for Donatella


Hi, I’m Donatella.

You won’t find a sweeter, more personable – and, if I do say so myself - more beautiful cat here in the adoption center at SAFE Haven.

Even though I’m only 2 years old, I have really bounced around in my short lifetime and am close to losing hope for finding my one and only forever home. So I’m reaching out to you.

I was adopted from SAFE Haven as a bright young thing in March 2008. But somehow something went wrong. In October, I was found in a humane trap and brought to a veterinary clinic where the microchip scan identified me as a SAFE Haven cat.

SAFE Haven once again cloaked me in love. I got another chance at happiness in December 2008. But in February I was back again. Other animals in my new home were chasing me and stressing me out terribly. Which leads me to the special challenge that comes with me.

I always use my litter box here at the shelter but my aim is often too high and I sometimes miss the target. I have a special box with high curved sides but unfortunately that’s not enough. Dribbles trickle into my living area and sometimes down my enclosure. As you might guess, this behavior can be an obstacle.

The SAFE Haven policy is to secure pledges from adopters that we all will be “indoor cats only.” That’s because it’s safest for us and means a much longer lifespan. But after a lot of discussion and careful consideration, the folks here have decided to make an exception in my case in the hopes that I can find my way to a caring, low-stress home where I can be indoor-outdoor.

Mostly indoor --because I want to spend most of my time with you-- but with access to the outside where I can do my business. I’m microchipped but I would need my collar with ID and tags on at all times.

There could be good options out there that would work perfectly for me.
Maybe a home with a pet door that would allow me to come and go to an area (garage or deck) where the litter box could be placed and spills wouldn’t matter.

Maybe a home with a large fenced yard, where I safely move around but wouldn’t bother neighbors and where you could keep an eye on me and let me back in after bathroom duties are done.

I am a charmer and have so much going for me. When you walk by my cage, I’m very chatty and will walk along beside you. All that super-hyper kitten wildness is behind me but I’m still plenty playful.

If you can find it in your heart to open your arms to me, or know someone else who could, please contact SAFE Haven now. I’m so ready to begin my new life.

Sincerely,
Donatella